How do I eat Dean Ornish Diet?
The Dean Ornish Diet is a plant-based diet that emphasizes whole, unprocessed foods and limits added sugars, unhealthy fats, and animal products. Here are some tips for following this diet:
- Eat a variety of whole, unprocessed foods, including fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, and nuts.
- Limit your intake of added sugars, unhealthy fats, and animal products.
- Choose lean sources of protein, such as beans, lentils, tofu, and tempeh, and limit your intake of red meat.
- Include healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocados, and nuts, in your diet.
- Avoid processed and fast foods, as well as sugary drinks and snacks.
- Drink plenty of water and other hydrating beverages, and aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
- If you feel the Ornish Diet is for you, review your goals in your monthly RPM visits with your provider to help you plan and implement a healthy, plant-based diet.