9 Ways To Help You Get 9 Fruits and Vegetables in Daily.
9 ways to help you get 9 servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- Eat your vegetables first. You’ll fill up on the good stuff and not have too much room for the less-than-healthy stuff.
- Make half your plate non-starchy vegetables (like asparagus, broccoli, cucumber, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes).
- Mix a bell pepper, onion, and spinach into your morning scrambled eggs.
- Throw in a serving of greens into your fruit smoothie.
- Focus on getting at least 1 serving of vegetables and fruits at every meal—not all at once.
- Challenge yourself to get the recommended 9 a day. This will turn your focus on what you can have instead of looking at what you can’t (or really what you should be eating less of).
- Try eating plant-based protein 1 day each week.
- Eat the colors of the rainbow every week. Think: red bell peppers, oranges, corn, broccoli, eggplant, etc.
- Track your progress in the PreventScripts app, 8 fruits and veggies a day will turn your screen green.